Nikhat Zareen kickstarted Women’s World Boxing Championships with a bang
Australian Official Hits Back At Novak Djokovic
On Wednesday Australian Open organizers official stated that Novak Djokovic is not being “blackmailed” and was asked a necessity for players to be vaccinated was about protection. The 34-year-old 20 Grand Slam winner would be venturing for a record-breaking 21st Grand Slam title in Melbourne in January, but he has declined to say if he has been vaccinated against coronavirus.
Later his father Srdjan came forward to clear the air and told a program his son “apparently won’t be” present in the opening Grand Slam of the year aloft the compulsory vaccination laws. “Of course he would want to go with all his heart,” he said. “But I really don’t know if that will happen. Probably not under these conditions, with this blackmail and when it’s done that way” he added.
Martin Pakula, the sports minister said that he was keen for the nine-time champion to defend his title of Australian Open in Victoria.
The Australian Open chief Craig Tiley gave clear instruction last month that all athletes must be injected and there would be no permissions. This year also the Australian Open advanced forward but players were required to spend two weeks in hotel quarantine, peoples were reduced and a five-day clasp lockdown was asked mid-event.
Novak Djokovic is not the alone tennis player who is considered to be unwilling to take a Covid jab, with Britain’s Johanna Konta also hinted that she was also hesitant to take the vaccine.
The Australian Open will start on January 17th, with all athletes required to take their first shots very soon if they have not been vaccinated already.
Australian Officials have stated only completely vaccinated players can join the Australia Open tournament without being restrained or restricted to bio-secure bubbles, despite the fact that the situation could be hindered by the rise of the novel Omicron coronavirus variant.