AUS-W wins the gold and defeated India-W in close match
Harmanpreet Kaur played a gutsy knock of 65 runs but couldn’t save India from a defeat as Australia won the match by nine runs to win the inaugural Commonwealth Games cricket gold medal.
- Deepti Sharma departs for 13 and it’s very difficult for India to win the match from here. It was plumb in the front of the wicket but Deepti takes a review to check her luck but it didn’t work out. IND 149/8 in 18.3 overs
- CWG 2022. WICKET! 15.5: Harmanpreet Kaur 65(43) ct Alyssa Healy b Ashleigh Gardner, India Women 121/CWG 2022. 18.5: Radha Yadav to Rachael Haynes 4 runs, Australia Women 155/7
- CWG 2022. WICKET! 18.3: Alana King 1(5) ct Meghna Singh b Radha Yadav, Australia Women 150/
- CWG 2022. 17.3: Sneh Rana to Rachael Haynes 6 runs, Australia Women 148/6
- CWG 2022. WICKET! 17.2: Beth Mooney 61(41) ct Deepti Sharma b Sneh Rana, Australia Women 142/
- CWG 2022. 17.1: Sneh Rana to Beth Mooney 4 runs, Australia Women 142/5
Renuka Thakur picks up her second wicket of the game as Grace Harris departs – courtesy a fine catch by Meghna Singh.
India (Playing XI): Smriti Mandhana, Shafali Verma, Jemimah Rodrigues, Harmanpreet Kaur (captain), Taniya Bhatia (wicketkeeper), Deepti Sharma, Pooja Vastrakar, Sneh Rana, Meghna Singh, Radha Yadav, Renuka Singh.